Wednesday, June 13, 2012

LEARNING THE DIFFERENCE


Wednesday, June 13, 2012 – 1 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 12; Philippians 3

S – 2 Chronicles 12:8 They will, however, become subject to him, so that they may learn the difference between serving me and serving the kings of other lands.
O – The Lord spoke to the prophet Shemaiah and said Judah would become subject to Shishak, king of Egypt.
A – Sometimes I wonder why I have had to go through what I have in my life to get to where I am today.  It seems I spent the first 29 years of my life looking for and yearning for love personified.  I don’t recall ever having anybody tell me back then who Jesus was and what He did for me by dying on the cross.  I never knew how much He loved me and I believe I would have just jumped into His arms back then and never looked back if I had had the opportunity.
But, now I am crazy in love with Him.  I know what it is like to love and not have that love returned, to serve and not be appreciated, to follow, only to get stomped on.  I was chasing after the wrong lovers.  But maybe because of what I went through, I SO appreciate the love I experience now with Jesus.  I certainly don’t take it for granted and I know that He is the only One worthy of my utmost devotion.
P – Lord, I love You so much.  I don’t know how You could possible use me to show others the way to You and Your wonderfulness, but I ask that You do, so that others would truly know how great Your love is and follow You into Your kingdom to serve You forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment