Friday, May 4, 2012



DEAD DOG


S-2Samuel 9,8 And the (crippled) bowed himself and said “What is your servant, that you should look upon such a dead dog as I am?”

O-David had invited Jonathan’s son, who was lame, to take a place of honor at the King’s table with him to eat. This was an honor that David was bestowing on Mephibosheth because he was the son on Jonathan and grandson of Saul. Being crippled was a shameful thing in those days.  He responded by saying “What is your servant, that you should look upon such a dead dog as I am?”

A-Sometimes we forget who we are in Christ and we wonder how God could forgive or love us.  But the Word of God says that we are the redeemed of the Lord, the apple of God’s eye, sons and daughters of the Most High God and His heirs. WOW!  When we look at ourselves as DEAD DOGS we are discounting the fact that Jesus paid the price for us to be heirs with Him.

P-Lord help me to remember who I am in You.  Help me to live like the daughter of the King, and help me to have a grateful and loving heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment