Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WATCH AND PRAY

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 - 2 Samuel 17; Psalm 71; Matthew 26

S - Matthew 26:41 "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.  The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

O - Jesus is speaking to Peter, James and John in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before His betrayal.  He knew what was coming.

A - My spirit is willing to do the right thing, but if I rely solely on this knowledge, I may fall when temptation comes to do the wrong thing.  I know I want to follow all of God's commands, but I must be ever on my guard and pray for strength to resist the enemy or else I may fall asleep and be overcome.

P - Lord, strengthen me to resist the enemy of my soul.  My one desire is to follow You and do whatever it is You ask of me.  Enable me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment