Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Giant Faith


Sunday, April 15, 2012 – 1 Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2



S: 1 Samuel 17:37 – David said “The Lord who delivered me out of the paw of the lion and out of the paw of the bear, He will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine.  And Saul said to David, Go, and the Lord be with you.

O:  David’s faith was in the Lord.  His confidence was  in the truth that God had delivered him from other attacks in the past  and would protect him from this one as well.

A:  David had a faith bigger than the giant, Goliath.  David’s faith was not in David but in God.  David was not going into battle alone.  He knew that alone he had no chance against this giant, skilled warrior.  But God!  Our faith in our battles needs to be in the same place – in God and not in ourselves.  God has already led each one of us through trials and battles of our own.  They may not involve a giant but let’s be honest – some of those circumstances seemed like giants at the time we faced them.  God overcame those “giants” in our lives.  He had a way out for us.  Why?  To grow our faith so like David we too can trust that Lord will deliver us out of the hands of the giants we face today.  Our trust belongs in God.  We will not taste victory if we try to fight our battles alone.

P:  Father God thank you for my past trials and battles.  I choose to trust today in you and your plan for my life.  Lord, equip me to be a giant killer like David.  Help my unbelief Lord God and give me a faith that will slay giants.  Not for my glory but for yours.  Let my victories bring glory and honor to your name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment