Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Spirit's Job

by Cathy Weymouth

4/3/12 Judges 17,18; Psalm 89; 2 Corinthians 3 - The Spirit's Job

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer

S - 2 Cor 3:17-18 JB Phillips, For the Lord to whom they could turn is the Spirit, and whereever the Spirit of the Lord is, men's souls are set free.  But all of us who are Christians have no veils on our faces, but reflect like mirrors the glory of the Lord.  We are transformed in ever-increasing splendour into his own image, and this is the work of the Lord who is the Spirit.

O - I was reading a chapter this morning in Frangipane's book, And I Will be Found by You, where he mentioned this scripture.  I was considering it and studying it in various versions before realizing it was included in the reading for today!  I love it when the Lord leads like this (it's fun!).

A - Many times we hunger for transformation; we are tired of being stuck.  We focus on the problem a lot (at least I do).  Then the Holy Spirit gently reminds us that He is the one responsible for the transformation.  Where His Spirit is - this is where souls are set free! Since it is the work of the Spirit to transform us into the image of Jesus, maybe we should relax a bit?  Rest in the arms of the Lord and gaze upon Him, and trust the Spirit to do the rest.  So I say, relax and yield to the Spirit.  It's his job to transform.

P - Lord, I lift up my brothers and sisters who are frustrated in their stuckness.  I pray they gaze upon you today, Jesus, and rest in you, Holy Spirit, to do the changing.  I am reminded of little kids who trust their parents for everything.  May we trust you for this in a child-like way.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment