Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stand Fast In The Faith

Saturday, March 31, 2012 – Judges 9,10; Ps. 49; I Cor 16.

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

“Stand Fast In The Faith”

S – I Corinthians 16:13 “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave and be strong.”

O- Paul is giving his final exhortation to the Corinthians warning them to stand fast in the faith and to remain strong.

A - I found myself in a position this past week where my faith and what I believe regarding the Bible was being challenged. Paul tells us to watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. There will be times when your faith and what you believe will be challenged, but if you watch (read, study and know what the Word of God teaches) stand fast (stand on His Word and do not waiver in your conviction of the truth) be brave (do not allow fear to overtake you) be strong (use the sword of the spirit, the Word of God) it is the source of your strength. The world is changing in many ways and we will find ourselves in a position to defend what and in Whom we believe in. Just as Paul spoke those words to the Corinthians many centuries ago, he is speaking those same words to us today. Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.

P – Father I have to admit there are times when it would be easier to turn and run then to stand strong, be brave and remain stead fast. In those times Lord I can only rely on You to help me to stand fast in my convictions and what Your Word has spoken into my heart. Help me Father to be vigilant and to be found faithful in your sight. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment