Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's Not About Me

Sunday March 18, 2012 – Joshua 1-2; Psalm 37: 1 Corinthians 3

S: 1 Corinthians 3:9 (AMP). For we are fellow workmen (joint promotors, laborers together) with and for God: you are God’s garden and vineyard and field under cultivation, [you are] God’s building.
O: We are fellow workmen with God.
A: This is a “keep me right sized” scripture for sure. It’s not about me. It’s not about me. It’s not about me. Yes I am a co-laborer with God but the results of anything I may manage to plant are not due to me but due to God. GOD GETS ALL THE GLORY. It is God who rescued me from the gutter, set me on solid ground and prepared the soil of my heart to receive his seed. It is God who has equipped and prepared me so that when the moment is right God will give me a seed or two to plant in another. I don’t do it – God does. We are fellow workmen with and for God. He prepares us and gives us opportunity to be a part of what HE is doing. If we are not willing and available he will find another workman/woman. At verse 7 it states “So neither he who plants is anything nor he who waters but only God who makes it grow and become greater.”
P: Father God I think you today for the opportunity to be used by you. Forgive me for all the times that my pride and my ego have said “look at what I have done” for I have done nothing. I can accomplish nothing without you. Help me to be present today Lord so that any opportunity you may present me to plan a seed in another or to water a seed someone else has planted will not be missed. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment