Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Increase

S-Scripture O-Observation A-Application P-Prayer

Monday March 12, 2012
Duet. 19-21 Gal. 3

S- Duet 19:8 & 9 (NIV) If the LORD your God enlarges your territory, as he promised on oath to your forefathers, and gives you the whole land he promised them, 9 because you carefully follow all these laws I commanded today--to love the Lord your God and to walk in his ways--then you are to set aside three more cities.

O- Moses told the people to set aside 3 more cities, in addition to what they already had. It would be by faith and obedience of God's commandment they God would increase their territory.

A- This scripture reminds me of the song "No limits no boundaries, I see increase all around me." It's a great song, but do we know what we are asking for, when we ask for increase, and do we know of the command that comes along with God's blessing of increase. If I want an increase of my blessing in my finances, it means God I totally surrender my finances to you, and do what you want, and tell me where to give where you want me to give. How does this scripture apply to whatever we are asking for increase in....marriage, relationship, healing, prosperity, it's Love the Lord God and walk in all His ways, it is THEN that he will increase my territory.

P- Oh God, thank you that when you trust in the little things your increase our territory, to trust us in bigger things. Increase in anything in our lives is not something you have to do, but you do it because you love us so much, and we thank you for that. Obedience and Love is what I long for, the blessings are a bonus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment