Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Space for Healing

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 3/20/12  Joshua 7,8; Psalm 69; 1 Corinthians 5 - Space for Healing

S - Psalm 69:29-30 Message, "I'm hurt and in pain; Give me space for healing, and mountain air.  Let me shout God's name with a praising song, Let me tell his greatness in a prayer of thanks."

O - David is crying out in this psalm for the Lord's help and deliverance from specific enemies.  He begins his prayer admitting, "God, God save me! I'm in over my head, quicksand under me, swamp water over me; I'm going down ..."

A - I love how honest David is with God; he never holds back admitting and exposing his fears. He is vulnerable, honest and blunt. Obviously his relationship with the Lord is one that is safe for him and he doesn't just speak how things "should be" but how they actually are.  He knows he needs space for healing, and then, he always turns around praising God as he cries out.  I love that!  As Pastor Mike mentioned on Sunday, there is nothing better than putting in a worship CD and worshipping the Lord when times are tough. Worship connects us with Jesus in our spirits and provides that needed space.

P - Lord, help us when we feel we are sinking.  I pray that someone today will become more honest with you and then will turn their pain into praise.  It is in focusing on your goodness that we find the release.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment