Sunday, March 4, 2012

Forgive Until You Forget

Sunday, March 4, 2012: Numbers 34-36; Mark 11

S: Mark 11:26 – But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.
O: If you wish to be forgiven you must forgive others.
A: BOOM! Forgive and be forgiven. Sounds easy right? But any of us who have needed to forgive someone knows that it’s not always easy to forgive. In the preceding paragraph (25) it actually tells that if we stand praying and have anything against someone else we should let it “drop” in order that our Father may also forgive us. I have had people in my life who have devastated me with words said in anger. I would pray for the willingness to forgive them and ask God to bless them with everything that I wished for in my life & just when I thought I had it – those ugly feelings would creep back in. So I would keep on praying to be willing to forgive them and I would pray blessings over them (whether I sincerely meant it or not because I have learned that if I take the right action the feelings will follow)…….and sure enough pretty soon I was sincerely praying blessings over them & as a result my relationship with those people has been restored. God is all about the condition of our hearts & if we give unforgiveness room in our hearts it will soon fester and become bitterness & bitterness will open doors to the Enemy. When I look at my past I have a long list of things for which I received mercy and forgiveness which means I need to use the same measure of mercy when dealing with those who hurt me. All my past “stuff” was thrown into the sea of forgetfulness. That’s a pretty big measure. Forgive until you forget.
P: Father God forgive me for harboring unforgiveness in my heart. I cannot walk in love if there is any form of bittnerness or unforgiveness in me. Deal with my heart Lord. Show me any areas where unforgiveness has taken root. You have called me to be your daughter. Let me represent you well Lord – full of love and mercy and forgiveness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment