Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Generations of Freedom

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 3/13/11  Deuteronomy 22-24; Galatians 4 - Generations of Freedom

S- Galatians 4:25 Message, It corresponds with what is now going on in Jerusalem - a slave life, producing slaves as offspring.

O - Paul is discussing the idea that Sarah and Hagar, and their offspring, represent two different covenants - the Covenants of Law and Grace.  "The two births represent two ways of being in relationship with God."

A - I love the wording here of a slave life producing slaves as offspring.  If there is one strong motivation for pressing in for deliverance from a stronghold, it is to prevent it being passed on to your children and grandchildren.  This was a HIGH motivation for me around my struggle with compulsive eating - I was at least the third generation with this problem and I desperately wanted our two kids to not have the same emotional pain that I had lived with for 30 years.  Thank you, Lord, that neither of them struggle with this!!  The line has been drawn in the sand.

P - Lord, set us free from our slavery so that generations to come will be free!!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment