Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WHAT IS YOUR MANDATE?

By Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 9/21/10 - Daniel 7,8; Psalm 137; Luke 4 - WHAT IS YOUR MANDATE?

S - Luke 4:17-19 MSG, Unrolling the scroll, he (Jesus) found the place where it was written, God's Spirit is on me; he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the burdened and battered free, to announce, "This is God's year to act!"

O - Jesus read this Old Testament passage while speaking in his hometown synagogue.  This passage from Isaiah 61 prophesied his mandate - even years before he came to earth to minister and save the world.

A - One time I mentioned to a friend that I have a mandate from this passage.  She said she did as well!  Maybe because we have the Spirit of the Son living in us, it is common to have mandates that line up with our Savior's from this passage.  Mine is, "He has sent me to announce release to the captives (AMP), to proclaim freedom for the prisoners (NIV), to send away free those whom tyranny has crushed (Weymouth).  After being set free from the tyranny of Compulsive Eating (a 30-year struggle),  I want to help set other prisoners free.  I want to offer to others the freedom that the Lord has given me! I want to announce "FREEDOM!" to all the captives!

P - Lord, use us to minister to other people.  Give each of us a mandate that will keep us pressing into You and pressing on in our ministry to others.  May we offer comfort to others as You have comforted us.

Do you have a mandate from this passage (or elsewhere)??  Do share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment