Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Let The Words Of My Mouth"

Saturday, 2- 4, 2012 – Ex 37,38; Ps. 19; Acts 11

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

“Let the Words Of My Mouth”

S – Psalms; 19:3-4 “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, Be acceptable in Your sight O Lord. My strength and my Redeemer.

O- Let my words and thoughts be acceptable to the Lord each and every day.

A – I was watching TD Jakes last night and not only was he delivering a powerful message, but he was speaking powerful words and thought provoking statements over himself and over his congregate. “Let the words of my mouth”. Gossip, slander, false accusation, lies, half truths, cursing, have no place in the mouth of the upright. Do you notice when you speak them how your spirit inside begins to grieve and feel low? But, when I speak and meditate on the Word of Life (His banner over me is love!) when I speak truth, and words of edification, and encouragement, my spirit feels alive I feel rejuvenated, like I could conquer anything! How pleasing they are to the Father when I acknowledge the great things that He has done over my life and over your life. And that’s when it struck me about this verse, “acceptable in Your sight.” We tend to forget that the Father is watching and listening to our words at all times. That He is aware of what we are thinking and saying. Maybe if we were a little more aware of the fact that He is always aware, it might just motivate us enough to speak of and meditate on words that will only please Him.

P – Father, may the words of mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment