Wednesday, February 1, 2012

IS MY HEART RIGHT?

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 - Exodus 30-32; Acts 8

S - Acts 8:21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God.

O - Peter is admonishing Simon for trying to buy something from the apostles which can only be gifted by God.

A - We desire great things, don't we?  Power, prestige, honor - if we wear the right clothes, drive the right car, have the right position, THEN we will be truly happy.  But where are our hearts with God?  Simon did not desire to be able to bestow the Holy Spirit because he wanted to bless others.  He wanted that ability for himself to satisfy his own selfish desires and that is wrong before God.

P - Lord, I want to be right before You.  Search my heart and reveal to me when it is not right.  Make me worthy to minister Your word and healing to others, to bring freedom to them through You, in Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment