Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Anointing is Fun!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 1/31/12 Exodus 28-29; Acts 7 - The Anointing is Fun!

S=Scripture  O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer

S - Exodus 297, "Take the anointing oil, and anoint him by pouring it on his head."

O - Aaron, Moses brother, was called as a Levite to be the first high priest.  Many preparations were made to adorn him with specific clothes; he was anointed with oil and consecrated for the position.

A - I love the anointing of the Holy Spirit!  I had the opportunity to play on the worship team two Sundays ago while Pastor Diana was preaching.  My favorite part of the whole service was when I was playing the piano accompanying her ministry time prayer.  I could sense a very strong anointing; it felt like I had hopped on a canoe and ridden downstream effortlessly enjoying the wonderful scenery!! I just went along for the ride - and it was a blast!  I think I dovetailed on Pastor Diana's anointing!  It was so fun playing, ebbing and flowing with the Spirit.  It's the best!

P - Father, anoint us with Your Spirit.  It is your gift bestowed upon us.  May we be sponges soaking up your Presence in our lives, that it may overflow onto others as we minister to the world.  Thank you for your anointing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment