Friday, January 13, 2012

THIS STINKS!

Genesis 31-33: Luke 13
S=Scripture O=Objective A=Application P=Prayer

S- Luke 13:8,9 “Sir…leave it (fig tree) alone for one more year and I will dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year fine, if it does not than cut it down.

O-Jesus is telling the parable of the fig tree.

A-Sometimes as Christians we become complacent. We know god loves us, however, because of our complacency , we are not useful to God or the Kingdom. We are just taking up space like the fig tree which doesn’t bear fruit.

The Gardener wanted to spare the fig tree so he dug around it…broke up the old soil and fertilized it. Sometimes I feel that God is loosening the old soil around my roots (old stuff that keeps me stuck) and throws in fresh fertilizer and mixes it in. Fertilizer stinks. At times when God is working in my life, I stink and am off balance until the soil settles and my roots go down deep. The process of pruning and freshening is not fun, but often necessary to help us be fruitful.

P-God help me to be alive to You and aware of what You are doing in my life. Help me to cooperate with You as you prune me. Thank You for loving me so much that You keep on working with me and don’t give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment