Friday, January 20, 2012

WHAT IS MAN?

S=Scripture O=Objective A=Application P=Prayer
WHAT IS MAN?

S-Psalm 8:3-4 “When I consider the heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars…What is man that thou are mindful of him?”

O-David is comparing God’s wonderful handiwork …heaven, moon, and stars to man.

A-Compared to the stars and moon which light up the heavens and all that God has created…what is man that God cares so much about us? We are often spiritually blind, sinners (saved by God’s grace). The knowledge that He loves us so much is overwhelming to David and very humbling to me. I know that God truly knows everything about me…and He is concerned about the things that concern me…this is humbling. When He gives me the desires of my heart…I am humbled. When I fail Him and He forgives me…I am humbled. When He says He takes delight in His children (me)…I am humbled.

P-Oh god thank you for loving, forgiving and redeeming me. As David said in Psa. 8:9 “O Lord our Lord how excellent is thy name in all the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment