Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I am Surrounded with Favor!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 1/17/12  Genesis 42,43; Psalm 5; Luke 17 - I am Surrounded with Favor!

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer

S - Psalm 5:11-12 HCSB, But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them shout for joy forever. 
May You shelter them, and may those who love Your name boast about You.  For You, LORD, bless the righteous one; You surround him with favor like a shield.

O - The Lord gives us favor because we are His righteous ones! Period.  It is His gift.  In the New Covenant, we are righteous because of the work of Jesus, not because of our own works.  We then become  the recipients of God's gift of favor.

A - I have often seen favor on the lives of other Christians.  I have one family member that seems to drip with favor!  One time a person prayed over me and said the same to me - that I was swimming in God's favor in a certain situation.  This Hebrew word means delight, goodwill, kindness.  The English word is defined as having an advantage.  Bestowing favor on someone was a King's prerogative, if he chose to do so.  Well, our Savior did it all and now we receive the favor of God simply because we are His kids and He chooses to pour it out! We are surrounded with favor, kindness, advantage, and goodwill like a shield.  Maybe we need to begin proclaiming it and believing it - and we will begin to see it!

P - Father, thank you that I am righteous in Christ, not because of my own doing but because of Jesus.  And thank you that you surround me with favor like a shield.  I take that word today and I choose to run with it, believing that my life is a powerful one that can make a difference in this world - because of YOUR FAVOR.  I like that!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment