Saturday, January 7, 2012

"In Times Of Trouble"

Saturday, 1, 7 2012 – Gen. 18,19; Ps. 3; Luke 7

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

“In Times Of Trouble”

S – Psalm 3:3 “But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

O- David is leaving Jerusalem and running from his son Absalom and his followers who have come against David and are out to destroy him.

A - I love the verses in this Psalm. I can’t begin to tell you how many times tears have flowed from my eyes as I was singing this verse at the top of my lungs whenever I was walking through difficulties. Many of you could sing it, “But You, O Lord are a shield for me. My glory and the lifter of my head!” David is running from his son Absalom to escape from being destroyed. I cannot imagine being chased down by one of my family members for my destruction, in my mind it is just inconceivable although I can say there is one who is out to destroy us. The Word tells us the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. Let’s face it, satan is our adversary, but God is our salvation. David gives glory to God by crying out to Him and speaking out what is true, my shield, (protector) my glory,(provider) the lifter of head(my savior) and like David I know that in Him I can have faith, knowing He will help me in times of trouble and distress and despair because like David when we cry out to Him with our voice He will hear us from His holy hill.

P – Lord how thankful I am to have you as my Shield. There is no one who can help me like you can. Thank you for hearing me when I call on your name and for giving me peace in times when I am troubled and in trouble. Thank you for being the lifter of my head when I am shamed and for wiping away the tears and replacing them with joy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment