Saturday, January 14, 2012

How Big Is Heaven?

Saturday, 14, 2012 – Gen. 34 - 36; Luke 14

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

“How Big Is Heaven?”

S – Luke 14:22 “And the servant said, “Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room”.

O- In this parable God sent out an invitation inviting His people Israel to the party. They rejected His invitation because of their unbelief that Jesus was the Messiah and so His invitation of grace went out to the Gentiles.

A - Did you ever stop to think about how big heaven really is? I would think about how big heaven is in terms of how many of us will be there starting from Adam and Eve up through the ages and centuries of time and like Buzz Light Year would say, “ To infinity and beyond”! At one time I have to admit I really began to get concerned. I know the Bible says, that in His house are many rooms and He goes to prepare a place for us, but I needed a little more assurance. Our minds are so finite when it comes to some of the things of God that I don’t believe He minds when we ask Him questions that are beyond our way of thinking. I’m so glad I asked Him this one because it set my heart and spirit to rest and gave me peace. One day He showed me something that gave me a sense that there will be “more than enough” room in heaven. He pointed me to the stars in heaven. On a dark night out in the countryside away from city lights you can see the thousands upon thousands of stars. Now from our point of view on earth they look as though they are right on top of one another and even touching, but because of the science of space we now know that the stars are hundreds of light years away from one another. Then you put that factor in to the vastness of the universe itself and you begin to understand how big heaven really is. Now, aren’t you glad I asked? And still there is room!

P – Father I love that you are approachable and that you don’t mind when we come to you and ask questions that are beyond us. Thank you for the love of Your Son Jesus, that through Him and His abiding grace can we make heaven our home where you are preparing a place for each of us who believe on His name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment