Sunday, February 12, 2012

True Transparency

February 12th – Leviticus 18, 19; Psalm 13 & Acts 19

S: Acts 19:18 (Amp). Many also of those who were new believers came making full confession and thoroughly exposing their former and deceptive and evil practices.
O: Paul preaches the gospel in Ephesus & God did many miracles through Paul and many new believers came confessing their sins and former ways.
A: These new believers were unwilling to have anything (even their past, their pride, their failures) get in the way of their new relationship with their Savior. They humbled themselves and freely confessed it all in front of the church. I wonder how many of us would be willing to put our pride aside and make ourselves this vulnerable and transparent? How many of us would be willing to open ourselves up to the rejection they could have faced? Some of the most amazing sights I have witnessed lately have been when God uses one broken person to reach another. Something tells me these new believers were onto something – called Freedom.
P: Father God forgive me for my pride & my ego that gets in the way of finding the kind of freedom that these new believers found through laying it all down for you & confessing all their sins before you and others. Create in me a humble heart Lord. Then use me to lead others to true freedom. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment