Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Choice

S- Ps. 36: 4b "He sets himself in a way that is not good."

O - Psalm 36 describes the wicked as people who don't fear God, who are proud and deceptive and who choose a wicked lifestyle. They have ceased to be wise and they plan evil. Wickedness is actually their goal. The wicked "set(s) themeselves in a way that is not good." By God's mercy, we are called to be the opposite. We are called by God's goodness to choose a godly lifestyle, called to humility and honesty, called to live a lifestyle of trust, obedience and abundance. When we choose to respond to God's call, we put ourselves in a "way that is good".

A - Lord, this day and every day, I choose to walk with you in faith and trust. Thank you God, that by your grace and mercy, by the passion of your Son, I am your child trusting you. I align myself today, not with the wicked who will come to an end, but with my God who is eternally good, faithful and merciful. I set myself in a good place.

P - "How precious is Your loving kindness, O God!" Thank you that I am your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment