Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TAKING PLUNDER FROM THE ENEMY

Tuesday 3/2/10 - Numbers 30, 31; Mark 9 TAKING PLUNDER FROM THE ENEMY

S- Num 31:1,3,48,49,53 The Lord said to Moses, "Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites." So Moses said, "Arm some of the men to go to war against the Midianites." The officers went to Moses and said to him, " Your servants have counted the soldiers under our command, and not one is missing.  So we have brought an offering to the Lord of gold articles." Each soldier had taken plunder for himself.

O- The Lord had spoken earlier that the Midianites were enemies of Israel and they needed to be killed.  A holy war was declared against this enemy. In the battle, not only were none of the soldiers killed, but they also were able to take plunder from the enemy and offer it as a sacrifice to the Lord.

A- I love how the Lord blesses our struggles against the enemies in our lives.  In the midst of the battle, we wonder if the war will ever end.  Then later we look back and see, not only did we war, but we won and we took plunder in the process.  The Lord uses our struggle to bless others with the wisdom we have gained.  We don't come up missing, we come up stronger, wiser, more experienced with nuggets of gold for plunder.

P- Lord, may you be glorified in the battles in my life.  May I remember that I am on the winning side and that not only I, but others as well, will be blessed by my going through these battles.  Strengthen my hands for war.  Use my life to bless others, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment