Tuesday, March 30, 2010

EXHAUSTED, YET KEEPING UP THE PURSUIT

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 3/30/10 Judg 8; Ps 42; 1 Cor 15 EXHAUSTED, YET KEEPING UP THE PURSUIT

S - 1 Cor 15:58 MSG, Stand your ground.  And don't hold back.  Throw yourselves into the work of the master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort. Judg 8:4,5 - Gideon and his three hundred men, exhausted yet keeping up the pursuit, came to the Jordan and crossed it.  He said to the men of Succoth, "Give my troops some bread; they are worn out."

O - Gideon was in pursuit of the kings of Midian, whom the Lord had promised they would conquer.  Gideon asked two towns to feed them, but his request was denied. Yet they continued on and did indeed capture the kings. 

A - I can relate to the Corinthians verse... "Throw yourself into the work of the master."  That sounds very familiar to me indeed!  Yesterday, because of my present fatigue created by this Tune the Temple project, it was suggested to me by my counselor that I give up Tune the Temple and find a less taxing job. Whoa... Well, needless to say, I didn't receive that very well!  So my other option is learning to put limits on how much I work each day.  I feel like the troops, "exhausted yet keeping up the pursuit."  Nope, I am not giving up.

P - Father, teach me how to put limits on my work.  You know I am driven and I like to complete things that I begin.  Show me how to readjust my work so that I can indeed be refreshed with bread as I keep up the pursuit.  Ps 42:1, As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you.  My soul thirsts for God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment