Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CHOOSE GOD FIRST

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday, 3/10/2010 - Deuteronomy 13-15; Galations 1

S - Galations 1:10 (NIV) If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

O - Paul is not saying that being nice to people is wrong. He is saying that pleasing people AS OPPOSED to God is wrong.

A - If your friend wants you to skip prayer meeting after you already determined that God wants you to go, then that is wrong. Spending time with your friend is NOT wrong, but God should take precedence and your friend should be told that God takes precedence in your life. This is a good witness. God tells you to keep the Sabbath, but if your friend wants you to skip the Sabbath and party with them and you do it, then you should examine your heart and whom you truly serve.

P - Lord, help me to help my friends see that I choose You and Your ways first. Help them to see that Your ways are good and it makes me a better friend when I follow You first.

No comments:

Post a Comment