Friday, March 26, 2010

FOLLOW ME AS I FOLLOW CHRIST

Diana Kriesel

Friday, 3/26/10 – Joshua 23,24; Psalm 44; 1 Corinthians 11 – “FOLLOW ME AS I FOLLOW CHRIST”

S – 1 Corinthians 11:1 – “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.” (NIV)

O – Paul truly made Christ his example in all things and it is from his dedication to the Lord that he can call us to follow him, for Christ had become his model in all that he did. Another translation is “Be imitators of me as I imitate Christ.” This verse comes as he closed out chapter 10, where it is obvious that Paul not only preached doctrine that they should believe, but led a life they could imitate. In essence, he is saying, “imitate me; live as you see me live, because I am living as Christ lived.” Paul knew that Christ did not please Himself, but gave Himself for us; laying aside His divine glory. This means we are to follow Christ first, and then others only as the follow Christ.

A- This verse calls us to a life of excellence because we are living our lives out before others. As people watch our lives, they should see a life being lived unto Christ that is worthy to be imitated, and that imitation would bring glory to God because it would all reflect Christ. Paul is saying, “Don’t follow me any further than I am following Christ. But where you see Christ in me, follow.”

P – Lord, we desire to be a pure reflection of You and Your ways. Keep us mindful of the truth that people are reading our lives. When they do, may they see Your life across each page, and may they not want to put down the book and walk away, but be drawn closer to You because of our love and dedication to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment