Saturday, March 13, 2010

Growing Up into Our Inheritance

S- Gal. 4:1 - "Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave though he is master of all."

O - You can be a master, yet function as a slave. You can have a wonderful inheritance but never experience it. God is calling us from slavery to sonship, from rules to an "Abba Father" relationship, from being only natural to moving into the supernatural. One key to this is that we must grow up. 1 Peter 2:2 tells us that we must crave the word the way babies crave milk! Eph. 4:15 tells us that when we speak and apply truth, we will grow. We will experience our inheritance in the areas of our life where we are mature, and we will walk in our inheritance to the extent that we apply the word of God to that area of our life.

A - I am called to be childlike in dependence on God, but I am not called to be childish. Phil. 3:15 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me... forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal ..."

P - Lord, I want to grow up into my inheritance, and I don't want to do it alone. I want to bring others into their inheritance. Show me step by step how.

No comments:

Post a Comment