Saturday, March 20, 2010

Despair

S- Ps. 69:2-3 - "I sink into deep mire, where there is no standing. I have come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary with my crying; My throat is dry; my eyes fail while I wait for my God."

O = It is not only the trial, but how long the trial lasts that makes it so difficult. We are called to stand in faith, and yet there are times in our life where "there is no standing". We are called to be overcomers, and yet to be honest, sometimes we are overcome. The psalmist is angry, confused and despairing, and so very tired, yet the Psalmists is still directing his prayers to God.

A - I am grateful for the Psalms of Lament for they tell me that I can be real with God. They tell me that other people of faith have experienced despair and confusion, and found their way out as they continue to look to God.

P - Father, I pray today for all who are in that place of despair. I pray for strength and encouragement, and for friends that will be there for them. I pray that in your mercy, You will be their strength and their help. I pray that laments will be turned to songs of thanksgiving for your deliverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment