Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HIS PROTECTIVE WING

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 4/6/2010 Ruth 3,4; Ps 64,65; 2 Cor 6 - HIS PROTECTIVE WING

S- Ruth 3:9 MSG/NIV "Take me under your protective wing... Spread the corner of your garment over me since you are a kinsman-redeemer."

O - Ruth had been instructed by Naomi to offer herself for marriage to Boaz, a next of kin. He had extended great kindness to her in allowing her to glean from his fields. She lay at his feet in the night, a sign of willingness to marry.  She was a widow with no one to carry on the inheritance, the family name of her father-in-law.  Boaz later took her as his wife and they became the great-grandparents of King David, in the line of Jesus.

A- Isn't it amazing that Jesus was birthed from this line and then He becomes our kinsman-redeemer? He purchases us for himself, restores our family inheritance, gives us the riches of the kingdom.  We come under his protective care; his wing of covering surrounds and enfolds us. He is attentive and caring, loving and kind.  He is our Redeemer.

P- Lord, may I remember today all that you have done to rescue and restore me. May the cross be ever before me. May I not take lightly that you surround my under the shadow of your wings. I thank you for all you've done and I bless you for who you are... my kinsman-redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment