Wednesday, April 28, 2010

MAN'S ESTEEM

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - April 28, 2010 - 2 Samuel 3; 1 Chronicles 12; Matthew 15

S - Matthew 15:8 " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." " (Isaiah 29:13)

O - Jesus was quoting scripture, a prophecy proclaimed by Isaiah. He was talking about "church people" who do things to gain the esteem of men, to make people think they are holy and in relationship with God, when in actuality they have no relationship with God whatsoever.

A - I love starting out my day with God. It helps me to be more calm and in my right mind as I go about my day. But, I can always go deeper. I yearn for "pressing in time" with the Lord.

P - Lord, help me with freeing up time to be with You. I thank You that my time spent with You enhances all my other relationships. Help me to never drift away from the desire to please You and be with You. I never want to substitute man's approval for Your approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment