Wednesday, April 14, 2010

OBEDIENCE

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - April 14, 2010 - 1 Samuel 15, 16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1


S - 1 Samuel 15:22 To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

O - Saul had not obeyed God. He did not totally destroy the Amalekites and all their livestock as God commanded. He had saved some choice animals and had sacrificed some to the Lord.

A - It was as if Saul had said to God, "Yes, Lord, you are great, BUT not as great as I. I will worship you on my terms, not yours." My children have done the same thing to me. They deliberately disobey me because rebellion is in their hearts and then they expect to appease me with a beautifully drawn picture. But, the truth of the matter is that they exalt themselves over me; they believe their ways are better than mine and this, in and of itself, troubles me. I am not easily appeased by them when they do this, even though they are adorably cute - because I know if they do this to me and get away with it, they will also do it to God - and this is not right.

P - Lord, I want to obey You because I love You and I exalt You above all others. Help me, Lord, to be obedient and not to stray from your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment