Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NOURISHED AND REFRESHED

by Cathy Weymouth


Tuesday 4/13/10 1 Sam 14; 1 Chr 4; 2 Cor 13 NOURISHED AND REFRESHED


S - 1 Sam 14:30 MSG/NIV "Just look how quickly my energy has returned (my eyes brightened) since I ate a little of this honey! How much better it would have been if the men had eaten today some of the plunder they took from their enemies.  Would not the slaughter of the Philistines have been even greater?"


O - Saul had instructed his army not to eat any food that day of battle.  His son Jonathon had not heard about the instruction and resulting curse.  He ate honey and was refreshed.  Later the army was so exhausted and so famished from fighting without food that they slaughtered and ate raw meat with the blood in it, a direct violation to the command of the Lord. 


A - How important it is to regularly nourish ourselves in both body and spirit.  How important it is to revive our energy with good food, plenty of sleep, exercise, fellowship, and spiritual food.  Sometimes it is so difficult to take care of ourselves in ways that are very important.  In their exhaustion, the Israelite army pounced on the plunder and ate it raw.  May we learn to balance our lives so that we are not left that depleted.


P - Lord, you know this is a constant battle for me.  Between sleep issues, driveness in work and the desire to bless people at whatever cost, I find myself drained and dragging.  Teach me to balance my life and to refresh myself regularly in the honeycomb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment