Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BE AN EXAMPLE

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - June 30, 2010 - Amos 7-9; Psalm 104; Titus 2


S - Titus 2:7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good.


O - Paul was teaching Titus how to lead the church. The best way to teach is by example.


A - When I was growing up I heard a constant barrage of "Don't do this" and "don't do that" from my parents. Don't swear, don't smoke, don't drink and drive, don't talk about other people. And all the while I was getting lectured, I watched my lecturers do exactly what they told me not to do. As a result, I ended up doing what they did, because I learned that their words were foolishness to them and carried no weight. I learned that even though there were "right" things to do, one could make a decision to do "wrong," simply because it felt right for them.


P - Lord, help me to "practice what I preach," and to lead and teach not only by my words, but especially by my example. Help me to say with confidence, "Follow me as I follow Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment