Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR GIFT

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 6/22/10 2 Kings 8,9; 2 Chr 21; 1 Timothy 4 -
DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR GIFT

S - 1 Timothy 4:14 NIV, Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. AMP - Do not neglect the gift, [that special inward endowment] which was directly imparted to you [by the Holy Spirit].

O - Paul is instructed his student, Timothy, in this letter. He is reminding him to be diligent, to live a holy life, to take care of the gift imparted to him - so that he would be an example to the Ephesian believers and so that others would be saved.  How important our spiritual gifts are - to both the body of Christ and those who are not yet saved.

A - Are you taking care of you gift, imparted to you by the Holy Spirit? Are you fostering it, nourishing it, using it? Gosh, I struggle when I see gifts that are being wasted; it really bothers me.  Each of us is given a special unique way of ministering the Spirit to others.  We have but one life - to use this gift, to make an impact for the Kingdom.  Please don't waste your gift.  It brings you life, it brings others life, it may even be used to bring pre-Believers into the Kingdom! I speak Paul's words to you from 2 Tim 1:6, "I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you..."

P - Father, I thank you for the gifts of music and teaching that you have imparted to me. I thank you for parents who encouraged, fostered, supported these gifts in time and money. I thank you for my pastors who provide me with opportunities to use my gifts.  I pray that You open doors for others to foster and use theirs.

1 comment:

  1. If you are not fostering or using your gift at the moment, consider praying and asking God to give you insight as to the next step… do you need to get some training? Do you need to clear your calendar to make it possible? Do you need to pray for an open door to use your gift? Do you need to wait in this season upon the Lord for anointing?

    Ask… He will show you! For the author of the gift has plans for the gift!

    ReplyDelete