Friday, June 25, 2010

POWER, LOVE & SOUND MIND

Joel 1-3; 2 Timothy 1

POWER, LOVE & SOUND MIND
by Mary White

S--2Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear (timidity) but a Spirit of Power of Love and of a Sound Mind.”

O--Paul is writing to encourage Timothy…to build him up, and to bolster his confidence.

A--Whenever I sense fear or intimidation come over me I find great encouragement in this scripture. I need to remember who I am in Christ, and the tools He has given me which are: the Spirit of power, love and of a sound mind. In vs. 6 Paul says, “fan the flame, the gift of God which is in you…” A fire can die out, at times we need to fan the flame. I don’t want the flame of the Holy Spirit to die out in me, but I want to grow in power, love and soundness of mind.

P-- Oh God thank you for Your Word, help me to live it and to encourage others to live in their giftings…power, love and soundness of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment