Tuesday, June 29, 2010

GOD HUGS!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 6/29/10  Amos 4-6; Ps 86,87; Titus 1 - GOD HUGS!

S- Ps 86:15,17 You, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.  Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, O Lord, have helped me and comforted me.

O - In the midst of being attacked by his enemies, David cries out to God for help in this psalm. He asks for guidance and mercy while acknowledging God's goodness, compassion and comfort.

A - We all need experiences of God's love. It's not enough to hear about other people's stories of how God blessed and touched them. About 10 years ago I began to watch for signs of God's love that were unique and very personal. These are not coincidences; they are God Hugs! I have found His love from dishware with grapevines to rainbows in the sky on a grieving day. I see His wink to me from deer in a pasture to an encouraging word from a friend just when I needed it.  Ask, open your eyes and watch!  It's so fun.

P - Father, thank you for your compassionate and loving nature. Thank you for revealing to me signs of your intimate love for me. I pray that others will see these signs in their life and give you glory when receiving them. May the world see how much you love us! (It's easy to share stories of God Hugs to nonbelievers by saying, "See how much God loves me!")

No comments:

Post a Comment