Friday, June 4, 2010

THE JOY OF FORGIVENESS by Mary White

S-- Prov.28:13 “He who conceals his sins doe not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.”

O-- This proverb teaches the wisdom of confession.

A-- To conceal or to bury our sins does not bring us peace and this scripture says we will not prosper. But 1John 1:9 says “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us or sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” Proverbs says we will find mercy. It is our choice we can choose to be full of pride and hide our sins in order to save face, or confession and repentance and experience the joy of forgiveness and mercy…which brings freedom. Who/what do I listen to…my pride or the Spirit within me? As for me I choose to be free and walk in joy through confession.

P--Lord help me to make the right decisions quickly. Thank you for your grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment