Wednesday, June 9, 2010

REMAIN CALM

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - June 9, 2010 - Ecclesiastes 10-12; Psalm 94; Ephesians 5

S - Ecclesiastes 10:4 If a ruler's anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great offenses to rest.

O - Anger that is met with calmness can run out of fuel for its fire.

A - My son was given new responsibilities yesterday at work. He told me that an employee had yelled at him for doing the wrong thing once. His reaction was to calmly agree that he was wrong and that what she was saying was right. This same employee requested that my son be given the new position at work. When my son inquired as to why, she said it was because she liked the way he handled correction.

P - Lord, help me to remain calm when others are angry and to not get offended at criticism. My reactions today affect the outcome of my tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment