Wednesday, June 2, 2010

LAYING THE FOUNDATION

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - June 2, 2010 - Proverbs 22-24; Romans 14


S - Proverbs 22:6 Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

O - Laying a right foundation for our children will ensure that they will have that foundation to stick to for the rest of their lives.

A - This scripture was quoted to me many times when i was despairing over my teenage son. It was said to encourage me because I HAD laid that foundation and the Word of God is true. But I still couldn't help but wonder if I had mortared those foundational stones thoroughly. Perhaps I had left out a crucial piece and the whole house would crumble. But, God has assured me that my son's foundation is secure and he has merely wandered off to check out other houses. And he keeps looking over his shoulder to make sure his house is still there to return to. He even comes back every now and then to marvel at the sturdiness of his foundation compared to others he has seen.

P - Lord, help me to know Your Word is true when I doubt myself. It is not my strength that will get me through. It is faith in You and Your Word. Thank You, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment