Friday, October 1, 2010

COUNT THE COST By Mary White

S -- Luke 14:27 “And anyone that does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my Disciple.”

O-- Jesus was preaching about the cost of being His Disciple

A--Jesus was serious about the work the disciples needed to do…He wanted them to count the cost. Sometimes we get so excited about ministry that we do not truly count the cost…instead we glamorize the call. Serving God, leading others to Christ, building His Church, teaching, and caring for His people is a big undertaking. It requires much sacrifice. We need to seriously count the cost before we jump in… less we tire, become disillusioned, and quit.

P--I always want to say “Yes Lord”. Help me to have Godly insight on where and what You would have me do, my heart is to please the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment