Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not Crippled by Over-responsibility

S - Acts 17:32 - "When they heard about the resurrection of the dead, some of them sneered, but others said "We want to hear you again on this subject."

0 - Paul was a man with a mission. He traveled to Thessalonica, Berea, Athens, Corinth, Antioch, and Ephesus. He met with success and failure, acceptance and rejection wherever he went. He didn't base his confidence on his results which were mixed. He based his confidence on his call. He seemed to know that he was responsibe to speak and that he was not responsible for how others responded. What others did with his words was their responibility. He was not weighed down by over-responsibility, frustration with others, or a sense of failure because some rejected him and his message. . His call was to preach Christ crucified and risen and he successfully did what he was supposed to do.

A - I need to do my part. What others do with it, is not my responsibility.

P - Lord, help me to clearly know what my responsibility is, and help me to faithfully do my part. Help me to focus on the doing, not the results. Set me free from "over-responsiblity" for the responses of others. Help me to remember the examples of Jesus and Paul who did what the Father told them to do, and who faced mixed results, yet pleased God. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment