Friday, October 8, 2010

THE WIDOW’S OFFERING

by Mary White
S-- Luke 21: 3 & 4 “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in all she had to live on.”

O--Jesus saw people giving their gift and observed the rich giving as well as the poor.

A--I’ve been financially well off, and financially poor …it was easy for me to be generous when I had plenty of money. However, now that my finances are meager, I find it exciting to give and watch God provide my every need, and so much more. I cannot out give God. I believe that God is looking for a people who are willing to give it all. Give till it hurts is a truism to many faithful people who diligently pay their tithes, give to the poor and help support worthwhile causes. He looks at the attitude of our hearts.

P-- Oh God I want to be like the widow who gave all she had, because she loved and trusted You to meet her every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment