Saturday, December 31, 2011

All Things Made New

Saturday, 12-31, 2011 – Rev 19-22

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

“All Things Made New”

S – Rev. 21:1-2 “Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I John saw the holy city New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

O – Someday there will be a new heaven and a new earth where the Saints of God, the Bride of Christ will dwell with Him.

A – As I reflect on these passages of scripture, I realize that we are coming into a new year and I’m always hopeful that the new year will bring about good changes. For instance, I went to my exercise class this morning in hopes of obtaining a new healthier, fit, more defined body. (lol) As I was having so much fun with all the girls it hit me that someday I will have a new body. Some are looking toward the end in 2012 according to Mayan prophecies, but I look for the coming of my Lord and Savior. I live in light of His coming every day. We as the church, are looking for a city whose builder and maker is God and we will dwell with our Heavenly Father who has prepared a new heaven and a new earth. We will have new bodies and be adorned as a bride for her husband and dwell with our God forever and ever. Happy New Year!

P – Lord we look for the day of your coming and for the day when we will forever dwell with You. Where you will reign forever and ever. Where there will be no more tears, for you will wipe away all our tears. Where we will be your people and You our God. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment