Friday, December 23, 2011

STAY DESPERATE

S=Scripture O=Objective A=Application P=Prayer

S- Luke 18:39 “Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David have mercy on me!”

O- A blind beggar calls out to Jesus for mercy…the leaders of the group following Jesus told him to be quiet.

A-When the blind man heard that Jesus was passing by he called out “Jesus, Son of David have mercy on me!” People tried to shut him up…but the blind man was desperate…he wanted to be healed…here was his opportunity…he would not be quiet.

Like the blind man, when we are really desperate we don’t care who sees or hears us…we just want to be touched by God. Now that we have been saved and healed, have we forgotten what it is like to be desperate? Do we rebuke those who don’t “do it properly?”

P-Lord let me be a person who remembers where I came from and what You have delivered me from. Help me not to judge others, but to encourage them to come to the Father just as they are. Thank You for accepting me just as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment