Wednesday, December 7, 2011

BEING HOLY

Wednesday - December 7, 2011, Colossians 1-4

S - Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

O - Paul is calling the church out for who God says we are and calling us to a higher level.

A - Compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience - are we practicing these virtues continuously?  For me, not all of these come naturally.  My natural tendency is toward selfishness, pride, anger and impatience.  But thanks be to Jesus, I do not define myself by my sinful nature.  I am defined by God who created me and I call out the holiness that dwells within me with Christ.

P - Lord, all these good virtues come from You.  Help me to live them and be them every day as I walk with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment