Sunday, December 18, 2011

Less of me. More of YOU.

Sunday, December 18, 2011- John 2-4

S: John 3:30 – He must increase but I must decrease.
O: John the Baptist recognized that Jesus was the Messiah but some of his followers were concerned that people would follow Jesus instead of John. John had kingdom perspective and recognized that Jesus had to increase and that John must decrease.
A: John was sent to prepare the way for Jesus. When Jesus arrived on the scene John knew it was time to give the “spotlight” over to the Messiah. How different is this attitude from what we see in the world today? Everywhere we look we see people vying for attention, affection, power, control. Yet this is not the way of the Kingdom. If we want to live from a Kingdom perspective we must learn to set aside our motives, our selfish desires and let Jesus take center stage. Just as John knew that he must decrease and Jesus must increase the same holds true for me. I must learn to decrease so that Jesus can become the center of my life; so that when people view my life from the outside they don’t see Lori but they see what Jesus has done in and through me.
P: Father God I lay down before you today the selfish desires of my heart and any selfish motives I entertain. I want Jesus to be the main attraction in my life today. Lord let me decrease so that your one and only son who took on the sins of the world for me may increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment