Monday, December 5, 2011

Soul mate

S-Scripture O-Observation A-Application P-Prayer
Monday Dec. 5, 2011
Eph. 5,6, Ps. 119 1-80

S- Eph. 5 25 (The Message bible) Husbands go all out in love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church---a love mark by giving, not getting.

O- Paul is writing to the husbands to be sacrificial with their love for their wives. To go all out, like Christ did......Christ gave. Sacrifice and understanding isn't just acts of kindness.

A-This is one of the biggest keys to a successful marriage....in my opinion. I liked the Message Bible because it says "to go all out in love". What does that mean. For me, it doesn't mean get the "honey do" list done. It doesn't mean shower me with gifts, and buy me whatever I want. It means to understand what my needs are. To listen to my heart and my hurts, and allow me to share my soul in a safe and non judgmental place. Then give me back your wisdom, your opinion and share your soul back with me. That's why we have should mates, one of the best treasures God could give us. I am blessed to have one of the best soul mates that goes all out in love for me. Last night, he said "babe, I just want to work hard for you to see what is important to you come true and bees a success". Love is marked by giving not getting.......

P-Thank you God for the opportunity to SOAP today, and to realize how blessed I am. I pray that every husband would come to the understanding of this scripture to bless their wives and go "all out in their love for their wives". Families would be transformed, and broken marriages healed. May every woman, respect and love and cherish the gift of their soul mate. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment