Friday, December 30, 2011

I'M SORRY

Scripture O=Objective A=Application P=Prayer

S- Rev. 16:11 “…men gnawed their tongues in agony and cursed the God of heaven…but still they refused to repent of what they had done.”

O-During the plagues the people agonized in pain …yet they refused to repent.

A-“I am so sorry, please for give me, I will never do that to you again.” These are not always easy words to say…but repentance leads to forgiveness, mercy and salvation (new life). It is easier to say I am sorry then to say I am wrong…that is an admission we often hate to make…because we are often filled with pride and hate to admit that we are “human…sinners saved by His grace.” God’s Word tells us over and over again to repent (which means to turn away) from evil and turn to God. The lack of repentance in our lives leads to death…spiritual death, relational death and death to our hope in God.

P- Oh God, let me see with Your eyes…and feel with Your heart and compassion. When I am wrong help me to repent (turn away) from my actions and ask for forgiveness. Thank You for Your mercy and grace towards Your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment