Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ask For Wisdom

Saturday, 12-15, 2011 – James 1-5

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

“Ask For Wisdom”

S - James 1:5 ”If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”

O - James shares with Christian believers the knowledge that if we lack wisdom all we need to do is ask God for wisdom and he will give it to us.

A - Sometimes wisdom is there for me and other times it eludes me totally. James tells me that when I “lack” wisdom all I need do is ask my Heavenly Father for it. The kind of wisdom I look for isn’t the deep and profound wisdom that make men sit up in awe, but the everyday spiritual decision making kind. The kind of wisdom that brings spiritual understanding in my faith walk with the Lord. The kind that tells me to stop and pray and hear and listen before I jump to conclusions, say things that I can’t take back, or interfere where I don’t belong. More often than not, I find that I learn lessons the hard way because I lacked wisdom. Like any parent whose child has made a wrong choice, I can hear my Heavenly Father say, “child why didn’t you ask me first?”. Maybe I need to do just that….ask Him for the wisdom I lack. This not only bring peace and harmony to my life, it will glorify my Heavenly Father.

P - Father, quite often I lack and fail to come to you and ask for the very thing you tell us you will liberally give me….wisdom! How much easier would the trials and tests of life be if only I would come and ask You first. Continue to remind me when I am lacking in wisdom that you have the answer…all I need do is simply ask. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment