Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DISCIPLINE

Wednesday - December 14, 2011 - Hebrews 12-13; Jude

S - Hebrews 12:8 (KJV) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

O - If you don't get disciplined, you must not be a true child of the Father.

A - As parents, it our job to discipline our children.  It is not up to the neighbor to hand out consequences to our children when they misbehave, it is up to us.  They live with us and therefore we have the blessings that we can bestow or withhold, as we see fit, in order to encourage our children to eventually choose on their own to do the right thing.
  I am so grateful to be a member of the family of God.  And therefore, I am grateful for correction when it comes.  If I was not a member of my church, my pastor would not even bother to correct me.  But, because I am a member, and because I am not perfect, I am in need of correction (from time to time ;-) and that is why I receive it when it comes.  It makes me feel loved and I spent the first 29 years of my life feeling as if I wasn't worthy of being loved.

P - Father, I thank You that I am your daughter and therefore You love me enough so as to not let me do whatever my sinful flesh desires.  Don't ever stop speaking to me and showing Your love to me, Lord.  I am Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment